* To use addition and subtraction skills with legos
* To recognize the symbols +, -, and =, and understand what they mean
* Printables from The Kent Chronicles ( I had to copy the images and paste them into Word.)
2. When doing the subtraction pages, cover up the number of dots you need to subtract to help your child visually see the "taking away" of the dots.
Totally Technical Tuesday: ABC Mouse
* To find and explore the ABC Mouse website on the computer
* To practice using the mouse with dragging and clicking skills
* ABC Mouse Website
* I'm sure you've seen the advertisement for this site on T.V.!
1. Go to the ABC Mouse site online. There is a 30 day free trial for this program. We love it so much that we purchased access for the first year! You can fill out the information for your child, and they can start their own learning path. You can also just explore and play the games you want to. Remember to help your child use the mouse by guiding their hand first, then allowing them to do it on their own. This site is fantastic!!! Enjoy!
2. Look up verses in the bible that discuss these different parts of the body. Talk about what God intended us to do with each part of the body. Here are some of the verses we looked at:
Listening Ears: Isaiah 30:21, Mark 4:9
Wonderful Eyes: Psalm 119:18
Helping Hands: Acts 9:36, 1 Timothy 5:10
Guarded Mouth: Psalm 19:14, Psalm 71:8, Proverbs 21:23
Happy Heart: Proverbs 15:13
Beautiful Feet: Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15
3. Have your child color the picture to look like them!