I am so excited to be introducing this new blog to the parenting/teaching world. Here is the breakdown of how the "thinking" will begin:
* Kids ages 2 years - 4 years (I will be working with my 2 and 1/2 year old son Sawyer.)
Note: You will need to make adjustments to the lessons according to your child's age. A 4 year old has a longer attention span and has better motor skills than a 2 year old. I will guide you on these modifications.
* Any adult wanting to help a child learn
* There will be a "Thinking Theme" each week with one 10-15 minute lesson per day for 5 days. I will include the objectives, materials, and procedures for each lesson to clearly guide you through the week. Also, I will have a list of books, songs, and extra lessons that correlate with the theme. I am also going to be doing a letter, number, and bible verse of the week and incorporate them into the plans. All of this is optional!
* Whatever fits YOUR schedule. I know that everyone's lives are crazy, especially with kids, so do these lessons whenever it is convenient for you! I will be doing mine with Sawyer in the morning during my younger son's nap. And PLEASE do not stress yourself out over this. If you can't do all the lessons for the week, don't worry about it. If you can only get to one, that's great! Or if you want to take it more slowly and spread the lessons out over a few weeks, that is wonderful, too. Go at your child's pace. There will definitely be days where your kids will not want to do any of this! Believe me, I understand! Make it work for your kiddos and for you!
* At home, inside and outside
* Out in the community (zoo, museums, restaurants, etc.)
* Children are like sponges...they soak up everything. The earlier you start with them, the more they will soak in and the better prepared they will be for school. Also, studies show that children with parents who are involved in their education tend to have fewer behavioral problems and better academic performance, and are more likely to complete secondary school than children whose parents are not involved in their education. The time to start it NOW!!!
* I will plan all of the lessons for you. All you have to do is follow the directions! There are also websites listed that you can go to if you want to pick out other lessons to do with your children. All kids are different. They learn differently and have different interests, so my lessons might not be what your children want to do. Again, do what is best for your child!
I'm anxious to get started with all of you, so...here we go!