* To identify types of coins
* To sort coins into appropriate categories
* To count each group of coins and graph the number for each category
* To use graphing skills to determine most and least
* Printable Graph from Keen on Kindergarten
* Handful of coins
* Have your children sort the coins into groups of the same type.
* Let them count the coins in each group and graph the correct number on their paper.
* Ask your child to determine which group had the most and the least.
* Extension: Have your child add up the monetary amount for each group. Then they could add all groups together to get the total amount for all of the coins.