* To learn what the Fruits of the Spirit are and what they mean
* To create a visual representation of the Fruits of the Spirit
* To memorize Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control."
* Bible - Galatians 5:22
* Brown Construction Paper
* Tissue Paper (Fall Color)
* 9 Popsicle Sticks
* Glue or Tape
* Fruits of the Spirit Song and Video
* Fruits of the Spirit Printable from me :)
* Read Galatians 5:22 from your Bible and explain what "fruit" means. Talk about how God wants our hearts to be filled with these characteristics. Pray together and ask the Father to help you have all of these fruits in your life! You can also watch the video from the link above. It is a great song that your kids can sing along to in order to help them memorize this verse.
* Explain to your child that you are going to make a cornucopia with all of the "fruits" of the Spirit. Talk about how a cornucopia is commonly used around Thanksgiving, and it's "filled" with lots of foods to celebrate and give thanks to God. Discuss how God wants us to be filled with the fruits of the Spirit just like a cornucopia is filled.
* Roll a piece of brown construction paper into a cone shape and tape or glue it to hold.
* Cut out each fruit and say the name of each one. The alliteration of the fruit name and the fruit of the Spirit name will help them remember each one.
* Stuff a piece of tissue paper into the cone to make it more full and to hold the fruit.
* Glue each fruit to the top of a popsicle stick, and have your child place each one inside the tissue paper.
* A cute cornucopia of the Fruits of the Spirit!