As a former Pre-Kindergarten teacher and now stay-at-home mommy of 2 boys and a sweet baby girl, many people ask me how they can be implementing educational concepts in the lives of their young children at home before they enter school. Instead of trying to come up with a quick list of ideas off the top of my head to answer these questions, I have decided to put all of my lessons into this blog. I, along with so many other parents, want to be purposeful at home with my children and make the most of the time I have with them.
I hope that this blog can help, encourage, and inspire you to work with your kiddos and
get involved in the learning process! The benefits will be endless,
and the moments you share together will be priceless! As Dr. Seuss once said,
"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!"

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Totally Technical Tuesday: Electronic Toy Review

Today I wanted to do an electronic toy review of the products my children enjoy playing with at home.  These are incredible learning tools that are innovative and fun!

* VTech V.Reader: A wonderful product with tons of games for reading, vocabulary, and spelling.  This is my boys' favorite!


* The LeapFrog Scribble and Write: The perfect electronic game for writing letters, numbers, and drawing shapes!

 
* LeapFrog Fridge Phonics and Fridge Word Builder: We started using these when Sawyer was 1 year old, and they have helped both of my boys learn the letters of the alphabet and their sounds.  Start with the Fridge Phonics and move on to the Word Builder when your child is ready!



















* VTech MobiGo Touch Learning System: We do not have this product, but we have some friends that do.  They love this game system because it is entertaining and purposeful in learning!

* LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Learning Game System: My students used the leapsters in my Pre-K classroom and had a blast playing the math and reading games.  It also includes a stylus for writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment