* To review the sounds that each letter makes
* To search for things that start with each letter of the alphabet
* Paper Plate
* I found this idea on Pinterest from What Did You Do Today? . The lesson calls for your child to search for letters; however, I changed it a little and had Sawyer search for things that started with each letter instead of just looking for the actual written letter. Do what is appropriate for your child's age and level. This is a great way to review the sounds of the letters and have children use critical thinking skills to match letter sounds with different objects.
* Write the letters of the alphabet around the rim of a paper plate, and then make small cuts in between each letter.
* Go on a walk or take a drive and hunt for things that start with each letter. When your child has found something, have them flip the letter over.
* We made it back home with finding something for all of the letters. For an extension, ask your child to recall the objects they found for each letter. This is a fun little memory check!