* To learn what a chemical reaction is
* To watch what happens when baking soda and vinegar are mixed together
* To understand that when mixed together, these ingredients create carbon dioxide
* To see this chemical reaction blow up a balloon
* To use prediction skills
* To use the fine motor skills involved with pouring
* Baking Soda
* Bottle/Jar with a small top
* Funnel (I used a small icing tip)
* Using the funnel, pour about a tablespoon of baking soda into the balloon.
* Carefully place the balloon over the mouth of the bottle.
* Lift the balloon up so that the baking soda will fall into the vinegar. Watch the bubbles form at the bottom of the bottle.
* Super Cool!!! Talk about the chemical reaction and how the baking soda and vinegar mixed together to create carbon dioxide. This created the air to blow the balloon up.
|Of course, we had to do it again! :)|