As a former Pre-Kindergarten teacher and now stay-at-home mommy of 2 boys and a sweet baby girl, many people ask me how they can be implementing educational concepts in the lives of their young children at home before they enter school. Instead of trying to come up with a quick list of ideas off the top of my head to answer these questions, I have decided to put all of my lessons into this blog. I, along with so many other parents, want to be purposeful at home with my children and make the most of the time I have with them.
I hope that this blog can help, encourage, and inspire you to work with your kiddos and
get involved in the learning process! The benefits will be endless,
and the moments you share together will be priceless! As Dr. Seuss once said,
"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!"

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thoroughly Thoughtful Thursday: ABC Bible Verses

Thoughtful Objectives:
* To memorize scripture according to the alphabet
* To create a scripture book

Materials:
* Spiral of Index Cards and a Pen
 Or...
* Printables of your choice from:
   Homeschool Creations
   I Can Teach My Child
   Totally Tots
   Delighting in Today
(There are also cute printables on Etsy available for purchase)
* Scissors
* Ring or Ribbon to attach book together

Procedure:
* I have been working with Sawyer for a while on scripture memory.  This is so important for all of us to do, and young children have an incredible mind of remembering in order to learn verses at an early age!  We have done many verses that go along with The ABC Bible Verse Book














* The lesson this week is to make a scripture memory verse book for your children.  When I started scripture memory with Sawyer, we just made a book out of a spiral of index cards. This is what I've always used for my own scripture memory, and it has worked well for Sawyer.  However, pinterest has shown me tons of cute ABC verse printables that you can cut out and make into a book, as seen on the links above.  Choose whatever you would like to do! I encourage you to start learning these verses with your kiddos and teaching them the truth of the gospel.  What better way to share the love of God with our children than through His Word!





No comments:

Post a Comment