* To recognize which television shows are educational and productive for children to watch
* To watch and learn from these programs
* We all know that too much TV is not good for our children; however, the shows that they do watch can be very beneficial if you look closely at the programs available today. This lesson is mainly a personal review of the educational programs that are on television daily. The shows listed below are some of our favorites and the best I have seen at teaching in the academic areas. We try to only watch two shows a day, one 30 minute program in the morning and another 30 minutes in the afternoon/evening. (Of course there are days in which mommy needs to turn on one more! :)) Enjoy watching these together!
* Dora The Explorer on Nickelodeon
|Everyone loves Dora! Great for letter/number|
recognition, social skill development, and
of course, Spanish!
* Bubble Guppies on Nickelodeon
|Super cute program with a theme for each|
show that is centered around real life
areas. Lots of fun music and dancing, too!
* Super Why on PBS
|Great show for reading skills including|
letter recognition, rhyming, spelling,
and sounding out words that give
everyone the power to read!
* Go, Diego, Go on Nickelodeon
|Science based program that focuses on |
different types of animals, their habitats,
and their characteristics, as well as
* Word World on PBS
|Another fun reading program with tons of|
spelling and phonics.
* Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood on PBS
|Perfect show for math! This tiny team of|
super heroes solves problems using
addition/subtraction, patterns, shape
recognition, and measurement.
* Sesame Street on PBS
|Of course I had to include this old faithful! |
Sesame Street is still going strong with
so many academic lessons, songs, and
activities with all of your favorite characters!