* To recall the short vowel sounds
* To sound out words
* To recognize which short vowel sound is in each word
* Printables from Classroom DIY
* Craft Sticks
* Glue (The website says to use a glue gun, but I just used regular glue.)
* Scissors (or circle punch)
* I found this activity on Pinterest (of course!), so I will let you follow the directions from the Classroom DIY website. This is a great way to help your child differentiate the short vowel sounds, as well as practice sounding out words. Have your child sound out the word of the picture and put the clothespin on the correct vowel in the words.