As a former Pre-Kindergarten teacher and now stay-at-home mommy of 2 boys and a sweet baby girl, many people ask me how they can be implementing educational concepts in the lives of their young children at home before they enter school. Instead of trying to come up with a quick list of ideas off the top of my head to answer these questions, I have decided to put all of my lessons into this blog. I, along with so many other parents, want to be purposeful at home with my children and make the most of the time I have with them.
I hope that this blog can help, encourage, and inspire you to work with your kiddos and
get involved in the learning process! The benefits will be endless,
and the moments you share together will be priceless! As Dr. Seuss once said,
"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!"

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wacky Word Wednesday: Vowel in the Middle Game from Classroom DIY

Language Objectives:
* To recall the short vowel sounds
* To sound out words
* To recognize which short vowel sound is in each word

Materials:
* Printables from Classroom DIY
* Craft Sticks
* Glue (The website says to use a glue gun, but I just used regular glue.)
* Sharpie
* Scissors (or circle punch)
* Clothespin











Procedure:
*  I found this activity on Pinterest (of course!), so I will let you follow the directions from the Classroom DIY website.  This is a great way to help your child differentiate the short vowel sounds, as well as practice sounding out words.  Have your child sound out the word of the picture and put the clothespin on the correct vowel in the words.





No comments:

Post a Comment