* To sort Halloween candy into categories of the same type
* To graph the number of candies in each category using a bar graph
* To analyze the results of the graph (most, least, equal amount, etc.)
* Candy Graph Printable from me :)
* Halloween Candy
* You can use this graph with any types of candy, but this lesson coordinates around Halloween so your children can graph the kinds of candy they receive while trick or treating. I am doing this a few days early so you can have it, so we are just using a bag of assorted candy.
* Let your child dump out all of the candy they have and sort it into groups. You can do the same type of candy, chocolate vs. non-chocolate, large pieces vs. small pieces, etc. Whatever you want! :)
* Of course your child will want to eat some of the candy as they go, so tape the wrappers to the bottom of the graph according to the different types of candy you have. Your child could draw each piece, as well.
* Have your child count the number of candies in each group and then color each column in the graph according to the results.
* Once the graph is complete, ask your child which group of candy has the most, least, equal amounts, etc.
* Enjoy eating some more! :)