* To review sight words and recognize them quickly
* large piece of construction paper or poster board
* fly swatter
* sight word printables from Unique Teaching Resources (see previous sight word post)
* It's time for the "Swat the Sight Words" game! Write approximately 10-15 sight words on a large piece of paper or poster board (or even a dry erase board so you can change out the words). Call out a word and let your child "swat" it with a fly swatter! See how fast they can find it. They will have a blast doing this!
( Feel free to modify this for younger kids with letter and number recognition.)
|Check out Sawyer's concentration with his |
tongue sticking out! :)
* You could also use a flashlight and let them shine the light on the correct word or make a special pointer to point out the words. Use your imagination!
* After we played the game, Sawyer reviewed the sight words with the flashcards we made. I just printed each list that we have been working on, cut them out, punched holes in the corners, and placed each set on a ring.